Wednesday, January 7, 2015

2017

#groundhog #slacker #6moreweeksofwinter

Oh well, it is a good excuse to paint more winter scenes!

Here is my latest, Winter Solitude.  It is a palette knife painting.

Photo reference from pixabay.com.







--------------------------------------------------------




"Memories and Ashes" will be part of the Piccolo Spoleto Juried Exhibition at the City Gallery at Waterfront Park, Charleston, SC from May 23rd - June 7th, 2016




Recent paintings:












1-24-15






.









1-3-15 "Silent Walk" 12"x18" Atelier Interactive Acrylic on canvas.
Using a deer photo reference from wetcanvas.com, I began this painting knowing that I had another vision for what the background would be for this deer. In the past I have had trouble breaking away from photo reference and making my own feelings come out. I felt I needed that security blanket as I painted. So with this painting I kept singing How Majestic Is Your Name In All the Earth over and over in my head. I relaxed and let the background "happen." I am pleased with the result.










- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad




1 comment:

  1. Vicky,
    It is good to see you are keeping busy with the beautiful works of art you create. I remember that 2008 chalk art class with Matt Bowman. I see God is continuing to use you and your husband in getting the gospel out. Keep up the good work and allowing us to enjoy the results!
    Richard Muse
    Texas

    ReplyDelete